Our actions and relationship with the community are guided by an internal sense of honesty and morality.

    Our conduct and demeanor display the highest standard of personal and organizational excellence.

    Our members recognize the differences as a strength in our organization and community.

    Our duty is to promote public trust by upholding our obligations to the department and community.

    Our responsibility is to be alert to issues and activities impacting our tribal communities.


The members of the Seminole Police Department are committed to achieving professionalism in every facet of our operation and maintaining only the highest level of personal integrity. You can help the department by giving us the opportunity to answer your questions and investigate your complaints. Each member of the department shares this idea and it is the primary function of the Internal Affairs Unit.

What is the Internal Affairs Unit?

The Internal Affairs Unit receives and investigates citizen's complaints. The members of this unit also answer questions about police policy and procedure. The unit investigates complaints such as:

  • Excessive Force
  • Police Misconduct
  • Inadequate police service

How do I make a complaint?

We encourage you to make your complaint in person to a supervisor or a member of the Internal Affairs Unit. However, we will accept complaints by mail, telephone or email. If you call the Internal Affairs Unit, a Sergeant will make an appointment with you, at your convenience, to take a sworn complaint.

OK, I made my complaint, what happens next?

A Sergeant from the Internal Affairs Unit will investigate your complaint. Based on the results of that investigation suggest a finding to the Chief of Police. If the complaint is sustained the Chief will send the case to the officer's supervisor for a recommendation of discipline.

The Chief will review the entire case before making a final decision. The finding in the case will be one of the following four categories:

  • SUSTAINED - Enough evidence exists to prove the complaint.
  • NOT SUSTAINED - The evidence neither proves nor disproves the complaint.
  • UNFOUNDED - The incident either did not happen or the accused member was not involved.
  • EXONERATED - The incident occurred but the accused member acted properly.

How will I find out the results of the investigation?

A Sergeant from the Internal Affairs Unit will notify you in writing of the outcome. You may also contact the office at any time during the investigation.

Will the Police Department really be fair when they investigate one of their own employees?

Yes, this question goes right to the heart of what professional law enforcement is all about. The department will not tolerate misconduct on the part of its employees. We realize that any tolerance of misconduct will lead to a breakdown of the trust you place in your police department.

How do I contact the Internal Affairs Section?

You can reach the Internal Affairs Unit Monday through Friday from 8:00 am. to 4:00 pm. at:

  • Seminole Police Department
  • 3101 N. S.R. 7, Hollywood, FL33021
  • 954-967-8900